Keeping School Spirit Alive


By Abbey Welsh

The Week of October 17th, Delone Catholic hosted its annual Spirit Week in preparation for Homecoming. The theme this year was Disney.

Each day was centered around all-things Disney, from the theme park to movies, Monday was “Monster’s University Day”, on which the students wore college apparel. Every day the teachers would vote who is “best dressed” in each class. Those winners would receive a free homecoming ticket.
           
When asked about her experience during Spirit Week, Senior Katie Farrington, responded, “I love spirit week because I love to dress up and down. I think it makes school so much more fun. I love dress down days and an entire week of them is great! I can finally wear all my costumes that sit in my closet. Plus, it gets me hyped for Homecoming.”

Most students enjoyed the week overall, but a student favorite was Prince and Princess day. Students were able to dress in fun costumes and wear crowns, tiaras, dresses and even capes resembling favorite characters from their childhood.

Senior Erica Chroniger added, “I did enjoy Spirit Week: it was fun and it was great seeing everyone participating! I love the theme because I also like Disney. It was such a great way to end my high school career. I wouldn’t change anything about Spirit Week.”

At the end of the week the fall sports pep rally helped ready the students for the big Homecoming game. The afternoon was filled with class competitions and, of course, the race for the coveted spirit stick.


The Homecoming Dance concluded the week and also carried the Disney theme with cut-outs of Disney characters, balloons, and colorful decorations. The week is a unique way to build school spirit and class comradery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speech & Debate Team Reigns Supreme After Hiatus

A Clue As to Why Theatre is More Than Just An Extracurricular

300 Words: The Heart of a Black Belt