Alumni Spotlight: Panther Pride

by Kendall Kohler

As my sophomore year at the University of Pittsburgh comes to an end, I am able to look back at all of the great opportunities this year has brought me.

Everyone always tells me that you mature the most, both academically and socially, over your sophomore year. I can honestly say that I witnessed a lot of these changes take place in myself.

I have gotten past most introductory courses, and now a majority of my classes are specifically tailored towards my major, biological sciences. The coursework has become much more rigorous and because of this, you can often find me at the library (not on weekends, of course).

The changing courses has also allowed me to direct my attention to a career path in public health, one I have not considered much before.

Besides classes, I have begun to expand my scientific knowledge through research. My project is still in its beginning stages, but I am looking forward to gathering results and conclusions after summer break.

I really enjoy working in the lab, and I hope this is also something I can incorporate into my future.

Aside from my academia, over the course of sophomore year, I have met many new people, creating many more memories. These friends have become like my family away from home, and I am forever grateful for them.

Throughout the year, I have grown so much as a person. Part of this involved taking my learning experience here much more seriously. The friends I made along the way are an incredible bonus.  

Sophomore year has brought me independence, intelligence, and an eagerness for my future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speech & Debate Team Reigns Supreme After Hiatus

A Clue As to Why Theatre is More Than Just An Extracurricular

300 Words: The Heart of a Black Belt