Student Artists Showcase Talents

by Emma Goddard '23


On Saturday, March 11, I attended an art show at the Hanover Area Arts Guild that displayed some of my artwork pieces along with a few of my fellow classmates. We each had about five pieces of art displayed; each of which required a lot of time and hard work.


Photo Credit: Emma Goddard/>

Being selected for this event was an honor because I had never been part of an official event showcasing my art. We had picked a few of our best pieces to be showcased, including portraits, abstract pieces, 3D sculptures, animal recreations, a car replica, and my personal favorite, a mugshot of Rick from the cartoon "Rick and Morty."


The room was full of other high school students' artwork, some very impressive and some not as complex but all had a story behind them. There was a lot of energy and excitement at the event.


Approximately 150 art pieces were displayed from several surrounding schools. It was very crowded, which was exciting because of the amount of people interested in supporting student artists. 


As I made my way around the room, seeing the diverse color and technique of the different artists, you could see all the hard work and dedication displayed by the students. It was a great experience for everyone who participated and for those who came to see all the pieces displayed. 


I hope they continue to have the art showcase for students who might not otherwise get the opportunity to present their art to the community. 


Throughout my four years at Delone Catholic, I have always loved the art classes offered. From the introductory class, World of Art, to the self-paced Independent Art class, and all the ones in between, the students learn new techniques and principles in art and design.


For any student interested in pursuing a career in the arts these classes and events help build a solid foundation upon which one can continue to grow.




Popular posts from this blog

Speech & Debate Team Reigns Supreme After Hiatus

300 Words: The Heart of a Black Belt

A Clue As to Why Theatre is More Than Just An Extracurricular